2013/02/11

light train


Writing does sort you out.  for me, the long business of sorting out story -- my fiction -- teaches so much.

When I was a small child, I was often held in awe all night by the djinns wrought of painted roses on my lampshade. I waited, held watching, until a train went by in the distance, bringing the morning light. The light train, I called it.
[...]

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM, N wrote:
>
> That rising arc of tension in my life is a choppy sea, but its a
> lovely goal for your life...and especially your book. I do try living
> gracefully but often feel like a first time ice skater instead. Need
> to write more, it defines me better than a view of my life crises!
>
>
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Dm Conner <museredux> wrote:
> > I think, looking at one's life as whole, that I want to create a beautiful
> > rising arc of tension that is beautifully resolved in the end. A gorgeous
> > moving story that leaves behind its independent sequels. We may not get to
> > control all that's thrown at us, but we can live it as a work of art. My
> > theme: When do I become the person I want to be? Now. Now. Now.