2012/05/09

really should go do a reading tonight. my INFP -ism is getting me.

Book reading this is, not Madame Blavatsky. You get up and read into the mike. Five minutes. How very simple.
I test (and have tested for years) as an INFP, falling into middle range in all but N. So quite low on S fx. Forcing me to be in tune with it can't be bad.
The value of these tests? They tend to get you to look at how you approach things and interact with others -- and (more importantly I think)how those others might be motivated in ways different from you. Helps you stop and consider, which builds empathy and tolerance.

Goodness. My Liberal gene is showing.

Not much on dream analysis, certainly not on prophecy, but I have had some very big, as in classically archetypal, dreams. Snakes coming up in the bed, hands coming out of clouds, etc. One even moved me to have my last child. But the thing to listen to, in my experience, is -- how does the dream make you feel? That's the key to what your unconscious is trying to say and what you might need to hear. Might be worth steeping. It's not necessarily the symbols; not usually. They're just the voice of a language that consciousness doesn't normally speak.
Of course, this would be the interpretation of an INFP.