2013/09/29

(seeking) (the elusive) negative capability

"To practice self-liberating thoughts, whatever thought arises in your mind, just look at it and let go and relax. Look straight at its essential nature and let go and relax; it will be self-liberated. Do not concern yourself with what you are thinking about. Do not concern yourself with the object of your thoughts, whether it is a person or a thing. Just look at the essence of the thought itself."*

This is drama, story, our stepping outside of self to view the whole. And so we act them out, the same tales, embody them.

Embody them.

It seems the thing is, the trouble is, claiming ownership. On either side, ownership is slavery (non-liberating). Thoughts blamed, thoughts blaming us, me. What are they anyway, thoughts? Coming into being by taking our shape...

(Oh, good story!)

When I was a small child, I would be held in awe for hours by the jinns wrought of painted roses on my lampshade. I would wait, held watching, until a train went by in the distance, bringing the morning light. The light train, I called it.

Sinister flowers indeed. :)

+++++++++
*Wait.
Who is this doing the watching?