Rumors of Social Security's demise are greatly exaggerated. But some powerful people keep spreading lies about the program to scare people into accepting benefit cuts. Can you check out this list of Social Security myths and share it with your friends, family and coworkers?
2. "The Straight Facts on Social Security" Economic Opportunity Institute, September 2009
3. "Social Security and the Age of Retirement"Center for Economic and Policy Research, June 2010
4. "More on raising the retirement age" Ezra Klein, Washington Post, July 8, 2010
5. "Social Security is sustainable" Economic and Policy Institute, May 27, 2010
6. "Maximum wage contribution and the amount for a credit in 2010." Social Security Administration, April 23, 2010
7. "Trust Fund FAQs" Social Security Administration, February 18, 2010
8. "To Deficit Hawks: We the People Know Best on Social Security" New Deal 2.0, June 14, 2010