2012/11/03

Amor fati



It's all amazing, this storm. Seeing people pull together is heartening, reminding me that our differences are also our strength, our adaptability key to our success as a species. The Rovian "one party" plan? A death sentence to our essential creative nature. I think of Mitt, grandson of a man who had 35 children: this is genetic hubris. How can we not turn away?

Seems to me true conservatives have been lost in the Far Right's shrill. Rove and his College Republican boy's club (Norquist, Abramoff, Reed) replaced reasoning with their winner-take-all body-bag jive. No discourse allowed in the national narrative, no creative give and take, no learning. Just marketing, shape-shifting anger posing as morality.

Anyway. Back from trying to call and canvass. The former is now overkill, and hurting the process (imho) the latter has killed my knee and back. Have to incubate now. And love my fate. And yours. Strength and blessings to all.